Important Disclosures and Policies to keep things above board.
Comment Policy Disclosure:
Thumper’s rule applies: If you can’t say sumthin’ nice don’t say nuthin’ at all.
Ideas – even disagreement – are welcome, when expressed with grace and tact. Textile Indie will remove or edit any comment that is malicious, offensive, spam, or inappropriate to the focus of this site. Any individual that repeatedly violates the Comment Policy will be permanently blocked. All comments are manually approved. They may not appear on the site immediately.
This site contains endorsements, ads, reviews and affiliate links to products and services. These links may appear in the content and the sidebar/footer. We will only recommend things we’ve used personally and feel are helpful to our readers. Any post that contains affiliate links or sponsors will be marked.
Products may be provided free of charge by the advertiser for our review. If so, this will be noted in the post. This does not ensure a positive review. We will give our honest opinion.
Creating inspiring, helpful content is the goal of this blog. Affiliate links and advertising generate a small income to offset the time and energy we put into Textile Indie.
Please be aware that the advertisements are generated by your internet activity and are not controlled by Textile Indie. We use third-party advertising companies that serve ads when you visit the site. These companies use your search information to provide ads about goods and services you may be interested in.
We are not responsible for the actions of advertisers or sponsors of this blog. If you buy a service or product from one of the site’s advertisers or sponsors based on a comment or link on this blog, you must take action directly with that company to resolve any issues.
Textile Indie is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Some links on Textile Indie will be affiliated with this program. If you click a link and make a purchase (a book, for instance) we earn a small commission on those sales. There is no extra cost to you. This pays the expenses of our website. Thank you for your support.
Brittany Stanton and Cheri Bywater operate www.textileindie.com
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This site collects some personal date from its users.
By submitting personal data to us, you agree to us using your personal data as follows.
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally, identifiable information may include but is not limited to name, email address, cookies, usage data, password.
We may use your personal information to:
- send you our newsletters
- manage contacts and send messages
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us which may be of interest to you
- interact with external social networks and platforms
- allow registration and authentification
- monitor infrastructure
- manage hosting and backend infrastructure
- interact with live chat platforms
- carry out remarketing and behavioral targeting (including display ads)
- interact with support and feedback platforms
- manage user database
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site.
This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this data.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Your personal data may be transferred to and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area.
Lawful Basis of Processing Personal Data
We may process personal data relating to users if one of the following applies:
- users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes
- provision of data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the user and/or for any pre-contractual obligations
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party
We process and store your personal data for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- personal data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between us and the user will be retained until such contract has been fully performed
- personal data collected for the purposes of our legitimate interests will be retained as long as necessary to fulfill such purpose
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses.
Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time.
- Object to the processing of their data, if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
- Access their data. Users have the right to learn if data is being processed by us, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification of the accuracy of their data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their data. In this case, we will not process their data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their personal data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their data from us.
- Receive their data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any undue delay.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection supervisory authority.
The security of your personal information is important to us.
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our Site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the internet is completely secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
For the collection of personal information from children under age 13, we comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Terms of Condition of Use:
Textile Indie is maintained for your entertainment only. You may download, copy and use the information for non-commercial, personal use only. You browse and use the information at your own risk. The projects, ideas, techniques, and suggestions are in no way intended to be error-proof and without risk. Additional research, testing and safety precautions are advisable.
We are not providing legal, medical, or professional advice. Any products mentioned on this blog are in no way intended to diagnose, treat, or cure medical or legal issues.
Textile Indie, (nor any other guest author providing content) is not liable for direct, incidental, indirect, consequent or punitive damages arising from your access to, or use of the information on this site. Jaunty Everywhere assumes no liability for omissions or errors in the content on this site.
We reserve the right to add/delete content, change the focus of the blog, shut the blog down, sell it or change it at our discretion.
All images and content on this site are the copyright of Textile Indie. You may not use them as your own. We love and appreciate Pinterest pins. You may also use 2-3 photos from Textile Indie with a linked source back to the blog post it came from. For other use questions, please Contact Us.
This page was last updated on August 13, 2019